Cleaning and maintenance guide
API resin floorings are easy-to-clean: you just need to follow a few simple steps to get a smart surface maintenance.
The cleaning process is very similar among our systems. We suggest you only to use our production products for a better surface protection on its upper layers and a long-lasting result.
Morevover, API provides detailed procedures for spot repairs, in specific damaged areas of the resin floor. In case of special needs, we are ready to make available a team for inspections and in loco repairs.
How to clean
The cleaning procedure is really simple and can be both daily and periodic. Daily cleanings are a basic requirement to maintain the surface in a proper condition over time and need fully-compatible detergents.
Make sure you have supplied some stocks of API Active Cleaner or API Bio Eco Compi Clean as floor detergents.
- Dilute the chosen detergent with water according to the amount set down by our Technical Data Sheet. Then spread the obtained solution on the entire surface through a wheel brush, a microfiber brush or a clean rag. You just need to move the tool softly on the surface to remove traces of dust, dirt, oil and so other;
- Once you have sprinkled the right amount of detergent on the floor, clean the surface with clean water. Use a gummed squeegee or a simple clean rag to ease the drying process and remove any possible trace of water or detergent, otherwise scour the floor with an hand dryer.
- Never let soaps or detergents dry on the floor, but make sure the surfaces are correctly cleansed with clean water, particularly in case of accidentally falls of chemical substances.
The periodic cleaning is a needed further step to follow in order to maintain the resin surface in optimal conditions. It has to be regularly conducted every years in the bid to renew the API Shield finishes, our protective sealant wax which ensure total intactness to the underlying decorative topcoats.
- Make sure to have a stock of API Active Cleaner Plus and API Shield;
- Dilute API Active Cleaner Plus with water according to the amount set up by our Technical Data Sheet. Then spread the obtained solution on the surface using a wheel brush, a microfiber brush or a clean rag. During the cleaning process, it’s necessary removing the protective API Shield top layer, before replacing it on the entire application area;
- Once sprinkled the detergent on the floor, wash the surface with clean water. Use a gummed squeegee or a simple clean rag to ease the drying process and remove any possible trace of water or detergent, otherwise scour the floor with an hand dryer.
- After making sure that the surface has dried, spread the new API Shield layer with a wax cloth, following the Technical Data Sheet guidelines.
What machinery to clean with
For optimal cleaning, we advise you to use electrical brushing machines as suitable machines for our resin systems. Particularly:
In case of suited machinery lack, it’s possible to make use of hand tools, such as gummed squeegees or simple wax mops.
What harms the floor
Our topcoats are highly resistant to structural damages. Nonetheless, as it happens to any other element existing in Nature, they also have their own Achille’s heels! Thus it’s really important to recognize which detergent can be employed in the maintenance process and which not, to help avoiding damages to the resin layers.
During the cleaning process we strongly recommend you to rely on our detergent, given their suitability to our resn floorings.
Pay attention to detergents or other chemical agents with high acidity levels (PH grade below 3) or containing anacidic solutions with concentrations higher than 10%: they can hurt the surface and cause discoloration.
Never let soaps or detergents dry on the floor, but make sure the surfaces are correctly cleansed with clean water, particularly in case of accidentally falls of chemical substances.
Even scratches and mechanical damages can affect decorative layers, especially the softest ones. The most common damages are caused by sharp and heavy objects dragging or falls.
Surface damages can be repaired through a standard application procedure in the damage area of the decorative topcoat.
Repairs are however a tricky procedure, which can turn into chromatic and aesthetic disparity if mishandled.
For effective repairs, ask your sales representative a copy of Flexigel spot repairs, concerning Flexigel decorative systems application. If necessary, we are ready to provide one of our team on the ground to solve the problem!